Monday, March 15, 2010

Miss me?

Wow. It's been too long since I've posted. The nutrition was going well until I started creatine to build up my shoulder muscles. It's funny what weight gain can do to the self esteem even if it's muscle! I haven't stepped on a scale for four days. New record, HA! I'm kind of sick of monitoring it to be honest. I feel good, my pants fit. I think I'm taking the month off from weight worries.

I have a tri this weekend that I was trying to keep really quiet so no one would show up. I really wanted to use it to gage my progress without any unwanted pressure. Well, it looks like half the team is coming to cheer me on. I was bummed at first until they offered to run the last mile with me. That might actually be nice to have some pacers there. It's still freezing here and race day is expected to be 45 degrees with a high of 50. Last Sat. I walked out to my car in my towel after swimming and whined like a little girl. I'm sick of being cold. Why am I doing this race?!!

On a happy note, I did a personal best in my 5k last week in training. Still an embarrassing time but real progress for me. I did a 26:30. Like I said, nothing to put on Facebook, but I'm just thrilled that I'm finally making progress. It's amazing how much faster you can run when you're not in excruciating pain. Now that my shoulder is feeling better, maybe I can start to bring that time down. I'm thinking plyometrics are in order.

Next on the agenda, I have a half marathon trail run on the Timp trails. Will I die? Probably not. Will I want to die? Most certainly, yes. I'm still excited though. Race officials have warned of mud, a little snow, stream crossings etc. Sounds like my kind of race. I've been up on the trails a lot training. We have some ultra-marathoner friends that have Ryan freaked out with me running alone up in the mountains. He bought me a gun. (yes, you read that right) I'm taking my concealed weapons class soon and it looks like I'll be pulling a Lara Croft for my long runs. I still think I'm going to look like a dork. That's a whole other subject. haha

I hope everyone's training is going well. I'll let you know how my race went!

No comments:

Post a Comment