Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fitness Swim Class

Well, I've done it. I've attended the Adult Fitness Swim Class" at the Kroc center in Coeur D Alene. It's on Tues/Thurs 12:30-1:30, and I LOVED it! There were only two of us, so the "coach" tailored the workout for each of us. After my "warm-up" (only 200 Meters) she adjusted the workout for me, since she could see I already knew how to swim.

It's amazing how just having someone on deck (even if they're a nice person not yelling at me to go) makes me actually do a workout harder. So far, I've been swimming only a couple of times a week (at the most). Each time I would do about 3,000 yards or so...but I had a hard time making myself go hard. Today, we only did about 2,000 meters (they changed the pool around so it's now meters), and it KILLED me! We had three sprint sets, and I was dead tired and completely out of breath during all three. It was so good for me.

I'm actually looking forward to Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you can swim that far! I bike that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO exciting!! I love being coached. I always do better.

    ReplyDelete