Since my last disastrous race I've been reluctant to do anything. I've still been going to bootcamp and doing the bare minimum to make paying for training plans still worth it but I wouldn't say I'm an overachiever as of late. I canceled the rest of my races and have been doing more rock climbing just as a change of pace. I've decided to spend the winter getting healthy and we'll see what happens next year. No promises. I plan on doing tri's (and being active) for a long time, so I think it's better resist forcing it.
Happily, I'm finally one step closer to figuring out why I can't seem to lose weight! After a few trips to the chiropractor with seized up muscles, it's becoming clear that my body isn't metabolizing vitamins. My Dr. had to actually inject a B12, D, K cocktail directly into the muscle to get it to release. He said that my muscle is essentially starving, which explains why I have been training hard with no results, either muscle gain OR fat loss. I've been drinking one green and one fruit smoothie a day in the hopes of losing something. MAN it's frustrating to do all that work and not get the benefit of a really hot body to take clothes shopping. lol My only motivation is the intense desire I have to NOT turn into a giant blob. My family Doc is useless giving me lectures about proper eating and the importance of exercise. Even after I showed him my food journal his response was, "Well, sometimes we eat things and we're not really aware."
I could have pimp-slapped him. I'm doing a three day smoothie fast beginning Monday (something my chiro suggested) to see if a little shock to the system will help. We'll see. So far, in the last three months I've lost a total of 5lbs. Woopie. I'm pleased with any loss at this point but with all the weight I have to get rid of, it should be coming off a lot faster. I'm slightly concerned that it's muscle loss.
OK, that's all the whining I promise! School is starting and I'll have 2.5 blissful hours three days a week all alone to add to my current workouts! I am so excited I can hardly wait until Monday.
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment