After my half marathon I had terrible ankle pain. I went to my chiropractor and he made them feel much better with some STM and ultrasound then told me to lay off the running for a few weeks before it becomes a chronic problem. I was so upset, in addition to giving up my tri that weekend I was afraid I would lose all the progress I'd made in running. I'm a really bad runner so this was a lot of hard work for me.
I got halfway through the first week and realized that I LOVE time off (and chocolate covered pretzels but that's another post). That's when I realized I was burned out. I just didn't care about getting back into it at all. Ryan told me to just go with it. If I don't feel like tri training, do some aerobics, rollerblading etc. Whatever I felt like was fine. I ended up going to Florida for a week with a friend and doing some ocean swims, canoeing etc. It helped SO much!! I'm back now and ready to jump back in with both feet. The pictures of me on the beach served as motivation as well, LOL. My advice? If you ever start to feel burned out, just go with it. It will pass much quicker than forcing yourself to do something you resent. Oh- and next time, I fully expect you to meet me in FL for a blog reunion. The first round of shrimp is on me.
That sounds awesome. I have found, that when you are told you can't workout, you are pissed...but once you can, the motivation sort of leaves. At least that's how it is for me right now.
ReplyDeleteI have found that gadgets make me WANT to go ride a bike!
ReplyDelete