Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ice...ice...ice

I'm sitting here icing the beginning of what I believe are shin splints. So far, they're not too bad...so I'm hoping I've caught them in time that they won't stop my progress.

Monday Crystal couldn't go to the gym, and I still went. Ya me! I did go a little later...7:00 instead of 6:00. I tell you...when you go at a different time than usual, the people that are there, are a completely different crowd. I got some funny stares from the 85+ year olds that were there working out. Have you seen Happy Gilmore? Well, his grandma was there working out. I tell you, she looked just like that actress...and she was a tough old bird! Her husband, donning tight workout clothes, seemed just as tough. It was so cute watching them workout together.

Tuesday I did a new workout DVD from "Shape". It's called the "bikini workout". I think I'm certainly ready to wear a bikini after completing it. (Don't worry, I'm totally kidding.)

Today we made it to the gym again. I did 15 minutes on the bike, and then 20 minutes on the treadmill. I was able to run for 1 mile (well, jog if you want the details). That felt so good...except for my throbbing leg. I'm so tired of having throbbing legs prevent me from running as far as I'd like to. Is that a sign that I'm getting old? I did manage to do some incline training after my short 1 mile run.

All in all, I'm still glad that I'm working out...and I only wish I could do more.

3 comments:

  1. Well I haven't run since Sunday, when I did about 3 miles. Too many things after the day is done...no time. I think I am going to have to get up at 5 in the morning in order to do any kind of working out now. Or wait til the weekend and then get sore all over again. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does stink. Want me to up it? I've hurt my foot again. Can't walk without limping. I have no idea what I've done...but it's even swollen now. Mary seems to think it's my lymph nodes going crazy...so I'm being Allergy tested tomorrow. (I've been breaking out in hives every night for about a month now.) So far, IBU, ice 3x per day is all I can do. If the allergy testing doesn't show anything significant, then I guess I'm heading back to the ortho so he can x-ray it.

    Until then...I've been pretty limited. I'm lucky if I can do 1/2 hour on the bike and then arm weights. I feel like such a wuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still not able to do anything?

    ReplyDelete