This AM I worked out with Crystal again. I did 25 minutes on Eli, then weights for about 30. The gym owner gave me some great calf exercises. It's amazing. My right leg is the one I was having most of the problems with, and as I was doing the exercises, I found that my right calf is MUCH weaker than my left. At least it confirms (to myself) that we found the correct problem. I can work on strengthening my legs, then I'll be able to run again. The pain is actually almost gone. I can even squat down without too much problem (something I haven't been able to do in quite some time).
Tomorrow AM I'm off to Denver. Wish me luck. Tami, I'll definitely be chewing gum as I swim in the Reservoir! The thought of another open water swim still grosses me out. I'm not quite adjusted to seeing things floating around me yet (meaning dead fish, plants, dirt, fish poop, etc.).
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
Take an extra piece of gum. You'll want a fresh one for when you get out of the water. :) Glad your legs are getting better.
ReplyDeleteWay to go daughter! Keep at it.
ReplyDeleteI did have the extra gum for after the race. As for seeing dead things floating, I couldn't see anything at all. Not even my hands. That helped me a little, but also grossed me out even more!
ReplyDelete