Well, today is a horrible day to start this blog. I did absolutely NOTHING today, so there's nothing to brag about. I met with my Dr. yesterday, and I've been "grounded" from running for about six months. I have to work on strengthening my calf muscles so my tendons won't be irritated when running. Until they're strong enough (he estimates about 6 months) I have to lay off. So, I guess it's going to be biking and swimming for now. Tomorrow I have plans to head to Coeur D Alene for a good swim workout. I guess we'll see if I actually do it.
If you would like to join this blog and add posts, PLEASE email me. I'll add you as a contributor, and you can update us on your workouts. I hope this will be fun. If not...I guess I'll just delete it in a while.
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
In fact, today I will run 3 easy miles when I get home. Yesterday I biked 12 on he roads west of town. It was a gorgeous evening for it out in the corn and beans. The goldfinches are still flying around out there and at 7 p.m., traffic was rare.
ReplyDeleteDad, let me know what email address you want to use to log in, and you can contribute to the blog.
ReplyDeletei exercised my mouth by chewing my food.
ReplyDeleteI don't get the log in info, since I tried to enter a bit ago and couldn't. I am trying again....
ReplyDeleteI ran 3 miles last night before going to see GI Joe with Scott...but cheated a bit by cutting across two parking lots to avoid going all the way down to the street corner to make a turn.
Was a bit humid, but low 70's, so was a nice run!
Well obviously it worked the second time! And Nikki, ellipticals are machines created by the devil to persecute us. I watch tv while on ours and still can barely tolerate it.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I will be running or biking today. Stormsssssssssssssssss
ReplyDeleteHAHA dad! Even YOU cut corners?? That made me feel a little bit better about myself. =)
ReplyDeleteAnd you couldn't have said it better about the elliptical machine. Unfortunately, I am limited in my choices of cardio workouts. It's either bike (stationary since I don't own a bike and it's too hot to ride one here for 6 months out of the year anyway), swim (boring! unless you enjoy watching the same black line for an hour), or hit the elliptical. Crappy choices, eh?
Swimming is boring? Where are your underwater earphones and IPOD? I didn't work out yesterday at all. Went to a cookout instead. Its raining too...but cool, so I plan to bike this evening and tomorrow do a long one!
ReplyDeleteNikki, I found the coolest MP3 player. It's 1st on my Christmas wish list. It's an underwater one, and it uses bone conduction instead of ear phones. Awesome. It's by finis. Check it out. I think music would make a swim workout much better. (Plus, I bugged a guy at my pool who had it, and it was awesome!!!! He even let me try it. Love it!)
ReplyDeletei've heard about those!! what's the pretty price on those things? that just might make staring at the black line worth it...
ReplyDeleteI thought I posted to this yesterday, but its not here, so here I go again...
ReplyDeleteI didn't run or bike Thursday or Friday...so I made up for it Saturday. I did 25 miles west of town out to Omro and around and back. Got attacked by an insane red wing blackbird, but other than that, just enjoyed the perfect weather and the gorgeous fields. The last hay crop is coming in, and those fields are being turned, but the corn and beans are still there, lush and green.
Then I went for an easy 3 mile jog yesterday. Still nice weather for that too, and it was 7:30 p.m., and the sun was starting to set. Wonderful time of year to be out.
When I come to Idaho, you will have to put me on oxygen to do anything though...no hills here.
4 dehydrated miles of running in 80 degree heat. Didn't feel very good. Drinking 5 glasses of water afterwards helped; then chili colorado for dinner!
ReplyDeleteHa ha. It will sure be different here in Idaho instead of WI. On the plus side, I think we're still cooler than you are, so it shouldn't be too bad.
ReplyDeleteNikki, you can find the MP3 player for around $120. Not bad at all! Here's the first link that I found. http://www.finisinc.com/technology/swimp3_technology.aspx
I think Amazon has it for around $120, though.
I will die out there on the hills regardless of temperature. I didn't run or bike yesterday...rainy and my legs could use a rest. I'll run 3 miles today when I get home. Biking days are limited here now, but I won't have time to bike 10 miles...its quicker to run.
ReplyDeleteOk...challenge! 50 miles on the bike next week as the goal. Anyone up to that?
ReplyDelete50 miles? I'm DEFINITELY NOT. LOL. That's a bit far for me. I'll certainly try to get some miles in. I'll tell you how far I got the end of next week.
ReplyDeleteKelly is going to put me on her bike trainer with the pedal clips to try them out. I think that will be fun. I really wish I had a road bike. All in good time!
Its not all at once! Over the entire week.
ReplyDeleteI know that. But it STILL seems like a lot to me!
ReplyDeleteOk...what will work as a challenge?
ReplyDelete