LaRae and I just spent a week in Northern Idaho with Stephanie, Kale, and the boys. It was VERY fun! The boys are cute as ever and their parents are busy as always, but we found time to do some things that were very enjoyable.
I worked out with Steph at the little gym in Kellogg 4 days and did two bike trail rides. One of those rides included an off the pavement uphill climb on a dirt road that seemed to be endless...and resulted in a flat tire 200 yards from the CREST of the steep climb with no way to repair the tire. Kale had to finish the ride and come back with the truck to pick me up while I sat up there in the shade and watched the scenery below...the Couer d' Alene river valley. But I did get in a great workout climbing that dang hill...he calls it the WALL! Compared to Wisconsin flatlands, I'd call it Satan's Revenge!
The gym workouts were great! I actually feel the results of the weights and think I need to spend some time on those instead of just biking and doing a bit of running. Stephanie is soooooooo good about working out and getting herself motivated. And she can kick my butt on the treadmill...that's for sure! I'm proud of her for working so hard at this. I think we need to do a triathlon together next spring!
I'll post pictures if I can ever get my PDA to synch!
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
That's so awesome! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I think a tri together would be a lot of fun! I'd like to do one with David at some point. I'm also thinking of a trip to Yellowstone next summer. I'm going to drive there and camp (no kids). I want to spend a few days doing some nice long rides through the park. Anyone interested?
ReplyDeleteSteph may be!
ReplyDelete