Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PLLLLLLHUE.

I don't know what it means, but it seems fitting for today. I had a Dr's appointment in CDA, so I of course went to the Kroc Center to swim. I somehow managed to feed my kids, but forget to eat myself, so 1/2 way through my swim (which I didn't seem to work too hard at) I realized that I was starving! That eventually turned to nausea and the shakes. After 1 hour, I had to get out and eat a protein bar so I wouldn't puke. Instead of getting back in, the hot tub beckoned me there...so I spent the rest of my workout time sitting in the hot tub instead. I do have to say, I was stretching while in there. :)

My weight is terrible. My Dr. actually thought my thyroid might be screwed up, but all those tests came back normal, so we have switched birth control again. Hopefully that will help. The last time I was on the same hormone I was just on, I gained about 20 pounds in 4 months. This time, I've gained 20 since my triathlon, plus I still have the 20 I was trying to loose before the triathlon. I don't know what I was thinking going on that hormone, but now that I've come to my senses, at least I can move forward. Hopefully quicker than previously.

I can tell you, carrying 40 extra pounds while running is hard work!

I have started scheduling my workouts in CDA. So I will have two times per week that I go to CDA to workout, and then the three here in town. Plus, once I can gain the motivation again, I'll start Jen's diet again. Blauh. I know it will work, it's just going to take some time to get used to it. It's super hard for me, because I have to feed my husband food that will make him gain weight while I'm trying to loose. Not quite as fun as it sounds.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, one hour in the pool working out would make ME puke and I'm not on hormones! You keeping at it despite having to work out the hormone levels and feed your husband high calorie foods while feeding your kids junk food (well, Kale is into junk food even more than them)is highly impressive. And I know what running while carrying extra weight around is like. I do it all the time. They actually have a clydesdale division in marathon running and I almost qualified for that back when I was running them in St. George. I think I missed it by 10 pounds since it goes strictly be weight, not height to weight ratio. If it went by the ratio, I would have qualified.

    The biggest problem with the extra weight is that it is harder on the knees and other joints when running. I learned that too!

    How are the shoes working out?

    Keep going at this while your dr. works out the balance of other things that are causing you to not lose the pounds like you want. It will turn a corner soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! Hang in there, things will get worked out and will start to turn around soon, just keep doing what you're doing. And yes, that nutrition plan is really hard to get used to. Remember I cried? lol

    ReplyDelete