Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday after my Relief Society meeting, I went walking with a friend. Somehow she talked me into it as I was standing around eating whoopers at the meeting. She does a 6.6 mile walk up the mountain and then back down. For some reason, I agreed to go with her.

It was a pleasant walk, but about 1 mile from the finish, my feet started KILLING me! I didn't wear my good running shoes because we were walking, and it was raining. (I didn't want to get them wet, since I was going to work out early the next morning.) I got home around 10:30 PM, could barely walk well enough to get ready for bed, and fell asleep withing 10 minutes of laying in bed. A new record for me.

This morning I woke up and could hardly walk. My feet are still in terrible pain. (Probably time to go to a podiatrist.) The outside of my feet hurt the most. At the gym this AM, I did manage to do the bike, and some good ab and arm weights. I got a great workout his morning and managed to loosen up my legs a bit. With IB Profrin in me now, I'm not too bad. Plus, since today I'm going to be sitting on my butt all day doing bookkeeping from home, I will hopefully recover fully by tomorrow. If not, I'll have to do my swim day tomorrow and let my poor feet recover some more.

Thanks for all the encouraging words of wisdom. It really does help to hear them. Patience is a virtue, right?

4 comments:

  1. Yes on the patience, but also yes on the podiatrist. The foot pain doesn't make sense unless the shoes were bad. Something is going on and you should get it checked out. I have worn orthodics for about 10 years now and before that, I had foot and knee problems. Its worth a visit to a good one who knows about running and runners.

    6.6 miles UP HILL?????????? Hmmmmm...I'd love to do that, but die in the process. Coming back down can be worse you know...wonder if that affected the feet? It crunches a whole different set of muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a tough chick. I agree, I think it's time to go to the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appointment on Tuesday AM. I'm excited! :)

    ReplyDelete