Monday, September 14, 2009

Last weekend

Hi there ya'll...so let's see...what did I do last weekend? Friday night we did the boating and eating at a restaurant on the shore south of Oshkosh. Then boated back in the dark stopping in the middle of the lake to enjoy the stars and quiet. We left at 6 and got home about 11:30; two other couples went along, so it was a good time and perfect temperatures for the lake. No bugs either this time of year for some reason. I think they have filled up from a summer of feasting on LaRae's blood.

Saturday I got on the bike at 8 a.m. and did 17 miles, pushing for speed. At least I was able to average 16 mph rather than the 14-15 I had been doing. It was clear and gorgeous with fog going out that lifted while riding, so it kind of felt like I was riding through a surreal landscape of yellowing beans and corn with nothing else around...at least on the way out. The fog was gone by the time I started back.

Sunday I was a bum. We went visiting people all afternoon and it was dark when we got home, so c'est la vie on the workout.

I'll bike today instead. There is a real good reason to grab every day right now...its called 80 degrees; clear; dry; emerging fall colors. Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound nice. Especially the no bugs! I feel you when you say grab the days when you can. Fall is way too short here, but I absoluttly LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete