Monday, September 7, 2009

Swimming With the Fish and Pansies

I LOVE holidays! Ryan is home and we can fit more fun into a day! After a trip to the Dino Museum and lunch for the wee ladies, I took off on an easy 20 mile, perfect summer day ride up Provo Canyon. It was bliss. What a relief that I wasn't as fatigued as I feared I would be after so much time off. Aside from a small tangle with a hipster on a particularly bright colored fixie, the road was free for the taking.

The week before a race, I leave the ipod at home to get used to being without. I like all the random things you think about while working out without one. I remembered a friend who likes to say, "Suck it Trebek." under his breath as he passes people. It made me wonder what other people are saying to themselves as they pass me. Jerks. Maybe I should bring the ipod.

After the ride and a few hours for Ryan to workout, I was up at Deer Creek with some friends for a nice open water. I couldn't believe all the whining. Too cold, too deep, not deep enough, too many fish etc. Man, if I could swim like them... I'd be so excited, I'd be jumping at the chance to rip it up. You guys must be chomping at the bit to get the race started with all your swimming experience! Maybe not today, but at least I'm one day closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment