Friday, September 11, 2009

The week after Labor Day and the campus run

Hmmmmmmm...not much here. I skipped Wednesday to let my legs rebound from all the biking last weekend and the chugging run on Tuesday. So Wednesday was a relaxing evening spent watching the president on tv and feeling embarrassed for the country by the congressional antics. I used to laugh about such things when we lived in Turkey watching third world politics which mirrored what I saw happen at the joint session, but hey...I don't need to go to a third world country any longer to view such. I can stay home and view it from my own TV in my own country.

I think we are fast becoming a third world country with nukes. We certainly have PEOPLE who are nukes.

Anyway...back to the reason for this blog....

I biked 8 miles last evening and tried to push the speed up. I have been averaging 14-15 mph on my rides, and it didn't seem to matter if it was 5 miles or 25 miles. I guess on a hybrid bike with 2 inch wide tires that's not bad...it does get the heart rate up...but I wanted to see if I could push it up a bit.

Well, I did...and do you know that its really hard to go just 2 mph faster over an 8 mile ride! I was amazed at how hard it was to push up just 2 more mph's!

Today, we are going out on a boat with friends, so no run; no bike. And I really won't miss it!

1 comment:

  1. I did record the session and watched it last night. (Yeah...my priorities are kind of screwed up.) Anyway, I was surprised at how many of the men acted like pouty children! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete