So I kept my promise to myself not to gain any weight or let myself get out of control over the holiday. I feel pretty good about that! For the record, I did have some pie, but payed close attention to the time of day I ate and portions. Thanksgiving morning, I got up at 5am and joined the local tri club at their 'bike in'. We rode spin bikes and watched Star Trek on a huge screen. It was awesome! Before I knew it, I had been doing intervals for 2 1/2 hours!! Then after dinner, we took the kids to the mountains to go for a little snow hike. It was a big hit! I also set up an appointment with my trainer for Tuesday to sit down and talk about goals and set up my training for the next few months. At her request, I started a food journal on Thursday, great day to start one huh? I'm going with a friend this week to do the 'Bod Pod' at BYU and see exactly where I stand so I can track my progress over the next few months. The idea of sitting in a giant egg in my swim suit while some nutrition obsessed college kid analyzes my body fat is not thrilling to me, but none the less, it must be done.
It reminds me of the time I was in a tri and doing terrible. I was totally bonking. I ran past my trainer, Keena, and told her what was going on. In her sweetest voice she said, "Hmmm... looks like you'd better suck it up princess, you're almost done!"
That's what I'll think about while I'm in the Bod Pod... "Suck it up, princess." (I only wish I could suck in my thighs)
I think the trick for me is to set things up so I can't flake out. i.e. Sign up for training, plan to meet people to workout, keep a food journal, get a sponsor who thinks you're actually fast... That's why I think this blog is awesome, accountability!
It's a NEW week guys, lets go get it!
You're on! I'm back in Oshkosh for a couple days, then back to Utah for the funeral Thursday. I hope to see you there!
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, I will run today and tomorrow here and enjoy this extended fall weather!
Glad you stayed on the wagon over the holidays.
Food journal! Great idea.
ReplyDeleteOk...mine so far today: one fiber one bar.