Today Kale and I took the kids for another skate. Kale wanted to make sure we had time for the boys to throw rocks in the river as well as let them skate for the first time. (We found some small skates that fit them. So cute and funny! I wish we had our camera with us!)
Anyway, after we went a little over a mile, Kale turned around and took the boys back to the river to start throwing rocks. I kept going.
Total, I did about 1 1/4 mi pushing the boys, and then skated by myself. (I haven't done that since prior to Brenton being born. Kind of felt weird!) Total, I did 6 1/2 miles. It was pretty fun. I got a great workout and enjoyed the time by myself.
Now I need to get ready to go to a local steak house. We've never been, but I've heard that the steak and potatoes are the best around. (Yes Dad, we're trying it out to see if we should take you and Mom while you're out here.) I'm glad I got a workout in today so I don't have to feel quite so guilty about eating a HUGE helping of potatoes and steak tonight. MMMMMMM.
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
Hey, we are looking forward to trying out that steak place. And biking! Anywhere I can rent blades? I haven't been on them since Bemidji, so it would be fun to watch me try to get back on them.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure we can find you a pair. I think between Kale and Jared we can get you in a pair the pretty much fits. It is much easier to blade behind the kids trailer, so maybe we'll have to try that. Maybe it'll keep the laughing to a minimum. :)
ReplyDelete