So, with the help of motivation from my dad (yes, little words go a long way with me!) I got off my butt today and went blading. I knew I had to do something. Yesterday I stood Eli up and just went to work, without working out. Today I felt even yuckier and knew I had to do something. The thought of driving to Coeur D Alene to swim, or the thought of going to work out when Kale got home, just bored me almost to the point of tears. So, I packed up the kids, the jogger (WHICH I LOVE!!!!) and we hit the trail.
After airing the tires on the jogger, we parked at the Pinehurst trail head. I unloaded all, loaded the trailer, and off we went. We made it 5 miles, saw two snakes (one was right in the middle of the trail and refused to move!) and we ran over our fair share of grasshoppers.
After the skate, we stopped at the bridge close to the trail head, walked down to the river and the boys threw rocks. I showed Brenton what a wishing rock was, and after repeating the "Dragon Tale" wish song, he would throw the rock into the river. So cute!
The weather was perfect, the boys behaved well, and I broke a sweat. What a great skate!
Halloween Part 5: Trick or Treating and Carnival
14 years ago
That sounds like fun! I plan to do something every day when you there, so you better be ready!
ReplyDeleteI'll push the boys or tow them with the bike, or skate, or run and die on the hills!