Wednesday, September 2, 2009

nada run nada bike

I didn't run or bike yesterday. Instead I helped ANOTHER person load their trailer for moving. I think that is about the 12th time this summer helping someone load and move. It took 30 minutes to get the washer out of the basement. It was a heavy front loader and so wide that when the two of us got it up the stairs on the dolly, it wouldn't go through the upper door. So of course we tried to push it through anyway rather than take it all the way back down the stairs and reposition it, and we got it wedged in the opening so tightly we couldn't get it out. We finally did after a lot of sweating and grumbling...took it all the way back down; repositioned it on the dolly, then back UP the stairs again.

I am sure I burned enough calories to say it counted for 5 miles on the bike.

Then we loaded the trailer after that with boxes and such.

Today, back over to make sure they are ok and on the road, so I may not get to bike again!

Tomorrow is the campus 3 mile run, and I will do that! What I won't do for a free t-shirt!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun. :) Our family is sure experts on moving. I do agree that you probably burned more cals. than if you did an actual workout.

    Let me know how your campus run goes. That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete