I finally figured out how to get this account set up. I know, I'm not the most brilliant person you've ever met. I loved reading the entries and I think it's a great idea, thank you so much for inviting me to join!
My last tri is next weekend in Bear Lake. As the last of the season, I wanted so badly to go out with a bang... however, as is life, after everyone else had it, I've been sick all week and am now back ready to roll just as the tapering should begin. How depressing. I've decided to set a goal of doing a cyclocross race this winter. That gives me one more thing to look forward to, but I am concerned that I have finally set a goal that may be a little out of reach. We'll see how this goes. For now, I will look forward once again, to another race where I just have to be satisfied with what I can do, instead of what I think I should be able to do! The great thing about tri's is you cannot predict how race day will go... ever! It may be my best yet.
Yeah! I'm so glad you joined. I love hearing about the stuff you do. You're my idol. :) My goal is to be as athletic as you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at Bear Lake. I remember how hard it is to not be able to do as well as you initially planned. As long as you try your hardest, and leave nothing left at the end, you'll know that you did all you can...and you have to be happy with that.
Oh. That picture looks really funny to me. I didn't know road bikes were the choice for snow riding. :)
ReplyDeleteRiding a bike in winter is NOT a Wisconsin thing to do. At least not without metal spiked tires!
ReplyDeleteHe learned that the hard way. Several times. ha, ha.
ReplyDeleteYes I did...I had bruises to show for it for a couple of weeks afterward. And one time after slipping and sliding and busting my rump I walked back home to find your mom gone and the house locked and me with no key. So had to stand outside and let my sweat freeze as my bruises grew until she got back.
ReplyDeleteI know...its uphill both ways!
You need different tires. I dare you to try again! ;)
ReplyDelete